Embracing the new normal, as we adjust to life post pandemic, many people are very experienced at working remotely. Technology has advanced so much that it is now almost easy to work practically anywhere with Wi-Fi. Instant communication and collaboration are possible with so many great tools.
Millennials, in particular, have grown up familiar with using technology to communicate cheaply and effectively and expect flexibility in their working life as a result.
Some benefits of embracing the new normal
1. No commuting – less arriving late and/or stressed due to train or traffic problems and staff not paying petrol or for tickets.
2. Stress is reduced – stress in the workplace is a huge cost to the economy. Stress is dramatically lowered, so health problems relating to stress are lowered. There is more time for exercise which obviously boosts health. You can replace some of the commute time with activity time.
3. Reduced Office Costs – a financial drain on many businesses. Obviously the more people you have in the office at any one time, the more space you need and that costs money.
4. You can find talent anywhere in the world, especially in industries with a skills shortage – and not have to relocate anyone. More diverse backgrounds are great for creativity.
5. Productivity is higher – as less distractions and staff can get comfortable and focused. You can wear what you feel most productive in.
6. A happy workforce and increased morale means greater staff retention. You can live and work wherever makes you happy, with a great work-life balance.
Many of our jobs now include the option of working from home. Check out our jobs or give us a ring