As recruitment professionals in Hertfordshire, there are industry misconceptions that we have to explain quite a bit.
Here are 10.
1. The thought that agencies only place temp staff
We do so much more.
2. Clients thinking that we can only recruit for them if we are local
Nowadays it is easier than ever to help from a distance.
3. Candidates or clients thinking they can only use one agency
4. Thinking we don’t care about our candidates
We truly care or we would not do what we do.
5.Thinking that all agencies take payment up front
We get paid when we have placed someone.
6. When candidates think we are employing for ourselves
A bit of confusion if someone applies not realising we were not advertising for our own company.
7. We don’t know enough about the industry to place a candidate i.e. IT
We have specialists working only in set industries that have ideal knowledge to find the right fit.
8. That will we ask for references from current employers
We do not go as far as employers will.
9. That we wont give feedback
We have good relationhships with our clients so we always give constructive feedback. If we didn’t give feedback, candidates couldn’t learn how to improve.
10. That we will bombard potential clients with speculative CVs
We carefully consider the best fit for culture as well as skills and experience. Then we only send those that we truly believe match well.
Hopefully these will clear up any confusion about the things we can and can’t do.