Here are 8 fascinating statistics for you.
1. On average, there are 118 applications for every job.
2. The top five priorities that candidates consider regarding a job are:
• Competitive salary and compensation
• Work/life balance
• Career opportunities
3. 70+% of candidates are passive job seekers
These are those who are employed who are open to the idea of moving, but not taking action yet.
4. 73% of those seeking a job say the process of finding a job is one of the most stressful events in life
5. Role changes are more likely to occur by switching employers rather than due to a promotion
6. There has been a 78% increase in LinkedIn job posts that highlight work flexibility (since 2016)
That is quite a shift in priorities.
7. 75% of the workforce worldwide will be millennials in 2025
8. 57% of the millennials currently in the workforce expect to move job within two years, while 40% will move within one year